I was asked today by someone who was getting lost in all the recipes I have posted what 5 recipes I would suggest for someone just starting the diet with little cooking skills. In looking through my recipes, I think I have come up with the 5 “Must Have” Induction Friendly recipes. First, I wanted to highlight what my criteria was:
- had to be simple to find and simple to make (no low carb products, easy to find ingredients at any grocery store items)
- it had to typically include both the meat and veggie selection as trying to plan what to add with it adds to the complexity – simple, simple, simple
- the recipe also should lend itself to leftovers or reheating for potential future meals
- finally, I wanted to include recipes that could be changed slightly to provide variation with a little creativity
Here were my top 5 Induction Friendly recipes:
- Pork / Chicken Stir Fry – Buy the vegetables already chopped up and frozen in a stir fry veggie bag. You can make with almost any meat selection — ground beef, pork sausage, smoked sausage, chicken, shrimp. It is extremely versatile to anyone’s taste. This recipe is essentially, brown the meat, add any additional oil, and toss in the veggies. When almost done, toss in the sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip — This recipe is perhaps not included for its merit on its own, but the simple cooking method it employs — the slower cooker. This method of cooking chicken works great for making many meals ahead of time, and having shredded chicken ready for almost anything (BBQ, Mexican, Buffalo, Asian) you are hungry.
- Chicken Fajita / Beef Taco Salad – no specific recipe – Take chicken from above recipe or ground beef and season with taco seasoning (Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper), place on chicken, eat with salsa and ranch dressing. This is just extremely easy, and perhaps my favorite breakfast while losing weight.
- Sausage Broccoli Quiche — extremely versatile recipe and takes little skill to put it together. It also provides leftovers for the week and represents a killer low carb breakfast item.
- Mock Danish — I had to include one sweet item in this list, and if I was looking for one recipe for someone with little skills to learn, this would be the one. This is quick, simple snack recipe that is very Induction Friendly and will typically wipe out any craving.
There’s 5 recipes that you should be able to make and eventually create variations that could tide you through months.