|Low Carb Reuben Casserole||
- 2 Flax Breads, cubed and dried (http://goo.gl/wl0hm)
- 1 cup Low Carb Thousand Island Salad Dressing
- 16 oz Sauerkraut, drained
- 8-12 oz Corned Beef
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Low Carb Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sugar Free Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Dash Salt
- Dash Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare the flax bread in the microwave, and chop into small pieces. Allow to dry on the counter top or toast in the oven.
- Once flax bread is dried or toasted, place on the bottom of a 9×13″ cake pan.
- Drain the sauerkraut, and place on top the flax bread crumbles.
- Add half cup of low carb thousand island dressing.
- Chop corned beef into small pieces.
- Add swiss cheese layer
- Add remaining thousand island dressing on top of the casserole.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes covered, and 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Combine all ingredients together, and chill
If you are missing the flavors from a New York Deli sandwich or used to love Reuben’s like I did, I made this recipe for you. This recipe has all the flavor of the best Reuben sandwiches in a slightly different form. I would suggest toasting the flax bread or allow the flax bread crumbles to get slightly stale on top of the fridge. If you have the ingredients already prepped, this recipe is quick and easy to prep.
Nutrition Info per Serving:
422 Calories, 38g Fat, 6g Total Carbs (3.2g Fiber), 14.3g Protein
One requirement though for the recipe is to have low carb thousand island salad dressing. To that end, I did release recipe for that salad dressing. It was also my way to build some curiousity for what the upcoming dish would be.
Nutrition Info per Serving (2 tbsp): 133 Calories, 14g Fat, 1.2 Total Carbs, .4g Protein