My daughter and I have recently ran two cross country trail races. The first one was RCC Run the Woods, and the second was just this past Saturday, Living History Farms XC race. I sprung the first one on her at the last moment as her brother bailed due to Driver’s Ed. It was good time, and when she eventually goes off to college, I’ll have to have her come back to do these races again with me. Living History Farms race was tougher this year due to the erosion and steep banks to surmount. The ropes weren’t much help, and I ended up helping at least 5 ladies up over the first hill as there were no foot holds to push yourself over the overhang. My time was not my best, but this is a race you do for fun not for time.
On the Low Carbing Among Friends cookbook front, the initial printing sold out and required another printing to be scheduled to provide Amazon their books to sell. I received my book Friday, and here were my obviously biased views:
- This book is huge! It has over 327 recipes, and it looks almost an inch thick. One could get lost in the amount of recipes and never find yourself out.
- The authors are very creative with their recipes with recipes like almond joy shakes, and that is one I look forward to making soon.
- The index at the end of the book is very helpful to try to find a recipe. We might need to tweak it for future books to offer groupings as well for some major categories, like cheesecakes or breads or Asian-styled foods, as the title may not always be named similarly. This would be something we could still offer via the website to print yourself if there was enough call for it. Let me know what you think.
- Overall, it is a fantastic group project to be a a member. Watching others receive it and what recipes they make is like Christmas and watching your present being opened by the recipient.
- Jennifer Eloff and her husband both appeared on the Jimmy Eloff Low Carb Show to discuss the book. Their section begins at 37:00 mark of the show if for time constraints you want to fast forward to it.
- Another interview on the Carbohydrates Can Kill podcast with awesome Dr. Su.
- Here is our first reader review posted by Jennifer Eloff.
–== Order your copy today – http://amongfriends.us ==–