In partnership with FaveDiets, I am dedicating this video to Crystal Tripp, who was the first person to post a photo of the new Low Carbing Among Friends cookbook on the Facebook site. My daughter who just started the Atkins Diet wanted these for our Thanksgiving dinner meal. An Extended Induction Friendly is usually worth their weight in gold. I really like recipes that I don’t have to depend on hard to get ingredients, so being able to substitute out the Carbquik for almond flour was big. The fact that I could eliminate the gluten is also big idea for some people.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp parsley flakes
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp baking soda (optional)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, cut the cold butter into the almond flour. Incorporate until the flour forms a coarse meal.
- Add cheese, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt, and baking soda. Mix together.
- Add heavy cream and just enough water to incorporate all the meal into a heavy dough ball.
- Decide the format (bread sticks or squares) you want, place the dough on the parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake to 10 to 12 minutes until top and bottom are brown.
–== Order your copy today - http://amongfriends.us ==–