Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Gluten Free Pizza Crust (OWL)
I realize I have uploaded other pizza recipes in the past both Induction friendly, white sauce, and red sauce pizza, but I wanted to upload a new thin crust recipe that is also gluten free. I know many of my viewers are trying to get away from wheat, especially after the success of the book Wheat Belly by William Davis. I developed this recipe from an original recipe by Maria Emmerich (check her blog out here ), but I wanted to boost its flavor and authentic taste. This is a good cracker-like thin crust, and like the final photos show, you can definitely eat this with on hand.
–== Order your copy today - http://amongfriends.us ==–
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup vanilla whey protein
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2+ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, add coconut flour, vanilla whey protein, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder. Mix together.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the mix, and blend together trying to form a dough ball. Add just enough water to ensure the dough holds together.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper, and lay dough ball on paper. Using plastic wrap, press out the dough ball into a ~10-12″ circle.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove pizza crust from oven, and add desired toppings. Increase oven temp to 425 and bake for 7-10 minutes.