Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb “Big Mac” Pie (IF)

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG7dWsXaoz4

Atkins Diet Recipes:  Low Carb “Big Mac” Pie

Linda Genaw of Linda’s Low Carb Recipe site (http://genaw.com/lowcarb/) fame has a very popular recipe called White Castle Pie. That recipe was good, but not having a White Castle in Iowa I had to assume the flavor was true. I wanted to make the recipe my own and replace a former favorite of mine, the Big Mac. I also got to use one of my favorite salad dressings as well — my low carb conversion thousand island dressing. I think you’ll love this one just as much as the original.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:2]

This entry was posted in Recipe Videos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb “Big Mac” Pie (IF)

1. Debi says:

Where is the recipe for the low carb Thousand Island dressing? Did not see it below the video.
    Thanks, Deb

• admin says:

The recipe can be found here:

Low Carb Thousand Island Salad Dressing Ingredients
      1 cup Mayonnaise
      1/3 cup Low Carb Ketchup
      2 tbsp Sugar Free Sweet Pickle Relish
      1/2 tsp Onion powder
      Dash Salt
      Dash Garlic powder

Nutrition Info per Serving (2 tbsp)
      133 Calories, 14g Fat, 1.2 Total Carbs, .4g Protein

2. Debi says:

Thanks

3. Sandy says:

I posted this on my facebook recipes page for my group and someone pointed out the carb count that is listed as 34.5 grams. I’m wondering if this is a typo? Just looking at the ingredients myself I can’t imagine how it would be that many carbs and if it is that many then it is not a low carb dish at all.

4. Sandy says:

Oh, Nevermind! Now I see that 34.5 is the fat grams and 2.9 is the carbs. I’m not used to seeing it listed this way. Sorry!

• admin says:

I see you found the answer. It is just the way the EasyRecipe lists the ingredients, and I think it could be done less confusingly as well. FYI – The listed carbs are the total carbs; to get the net carb amount, subtract the fiber from the number listed.

5. susiet says:

OMG.You had me at Big Mac. This is my guilty pleasure. I crave them. I don’t eat them any longer, but I still crave. Did I mention I crave them? I’m so making this tomorrow!!! Thanks, Kent!

Hey btw, congrats! You are a winner in the Fluffy Chix Cook May1 Giveaway! Wooot! You won a bag of the Fluffy Chix Cook GF SF NF Bake Mix! I will try to get this formulated especially for you and sent out by Monday. Drop me an email and we can discuss any special requirements you have!

Thanks for being so encouraging of me and Fluffy Chix Cook, Kent! You rock!

• admin says:

I am glad you liked the recipe and I could subconsciously read your mind for what you were craving. 🙂 I bet you didn’t know Atkins gave you hidden super powers of ESP. Finally, thank you for the prize. Woot! Woot! 🙂

6. Nanabella says:

Wow! I remember Big Macs!!! I bet a serving of this wrapped in iceburg lettuce leaves would taste pretty darn close to the real thing – and it would be soooooo much better for me! Great recipe – will be making it soon … 🙂 xoxoxo

• admin says:

Let me know how it turns out for you, Nanabella. I always like to hear feedback on whether it worked and tasted for others as I thought.

7. Nanabella says:

Wow! You have nailed the taste of the Big Mac in a low carb dish that is easy and soooo tasty – I ate it wrapped in a leaf of iceburg lettuce and it is just the perfect flavor of a Big Mac… even the texture is reminiscent of the bun, because the eggs in it make it stay soft and tender – Thanks for this – you rock! 🙂

8. This looks tasty!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

9. Lisa says:

This is delicious!!! My husband called it a “Big Mac in a blender!” lol Thank you Kent!

• admin says:

I am glad your family likes it. Low carb foods are good when they are tasty to you, but great when your family starts asking specifically for them. Thanks for the feedback.

10. Jessica says:

Is the 35.5 grams of carbs per piece? Isn’t that rather high for low-carb? Or was that a typo? I am 1 week post induction and am afraid that this will be too many carbs for 1 serving.

• admin says:

I think you are reading the fat grams as carbohydrate grams. It is: Carbohydrates (g): 2.9 Fiber (g): 0, so a net carbs per piece of 2.9g.

11. Jessica says:

You are right! Phew!! Just made it for supper. Delicious!!!

Comments are closed.