Linda Genaw of Linda’s Low Carb Recipe site (http://genaw.com/lowcarb/) fame has a very popular recipe called White Castle Pie. That recipe was good, but not having a White Castle in Iowa I had to assume the flavor was true. I wanted to make the recipe my own and replace a former favorite of mine, the Big Mac. I also got to use one of my favorite salad dressings as well — my low carb conversion thousand island dressing. I think you’ll love this one just as much as the original.
A great low carb take on a former high carb fast food favorite Type: Entree, Induction Friendly
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 1 heaping tbsp of chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp dried onion
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low carb thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Season with chicken bouillon, dried onion flakes, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, place seasoned ground beef. Add cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing, eggs, sour cream, and dill pickles. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add ground beef mixture to 8?x11? baking dish and spread to corners. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 piece Calories: 401 Fat (g): 34.5 Carbohydrates (g): 2.9 Fiber (g): 0 Protein (g): 19.5