Please vote for me in the Atkins All Star contest — http://bit.ly/AtkinsContest
To vote, click the Vote Now button and find my entry on page 10. You can vote daily.
I wasn’t sure I was originally going to produce this video as it seemed a bit simple and perhaps too simple to be video-worthy. Then my twins said this was the best low carb recipe I had ever made, so I took to the question to FB fan page, and they demanded (said tongue in cheek) to see the recipe. Fearing to let my fans down, I made plans to prepare it again and record the video this time. I didn’t have time today to make low carb biscuits, but having the sloppy joes on a salad was also very good.
**Order my low carb cookbook- http://amongfriends.us/
- 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Granular (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup paprika (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup chili powder (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup salt (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup garlic powder (60 mL)
- 2 tbsp onion powder (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (15 mL)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (10 mL)
- 1 tsp thyme (5 mL)
- Into a large container, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 24 servings 2 tbsp (30 mL) per serving 20 calories 0.8 g protein 1.0 g fat 1.5 g fiber 2.5 g net carbs
Low Carb Sloppy Joes
A very family-friendly recipe -- my twins said these low carb sloppy joes were their favorite low carb creation I have done
- 1.5 pounds ground beef or chuck (85%/15%)
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp LC dry rub
- 1/4 cup LC ketchup, Heinz recommended
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- In a large frying pan, brown ground beef until just beginning to get brown. Add onion, red pepper, and dry rub. Mix through each other, and cook until done and veggies are tender.
- Add ketchup, mustard, and liquid smoke to the browned ground beef. Stir thoroughly together.
- Serve on top of lettuce, low carb biscuits, or revolution rolls.
Nutrition Info per serving (4 oz): 301 Calories, 22.8g Fat, 2.7g Carbs (0.5g Fiber) , 20g Protein
(IF) = Induction Friendly