Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb “Smoked” Pulled Pork (IF)

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9n6VnbjdU
Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb “Smoked” Pulled Pork

I am a huge fan of barbecue cooking and smoked meats, but I don’t have two things — a smoker or the patience to sit with the smoker and ensure a constant temp. This recipe solves that situation by infusing a ton of some flavor into the pork roast through the brine and utilizes the oven to gradually cook the roast. While this recipe may take 12+ hours to cook, I spent only about 20 minutes actual time in the kitchen. It is somewhat the ultimate in the “Set it and Forget it” type recipes to quote Ron Popeil. This is the same recipe I prepared for Tasha’s graduation party, which received rave reviews. Some attendees said it was better than other BBQ food prepared at other parties, including legendary Hickory Park BBQ joint in Ames.
[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:8]

Nutrition Info per serving (6 oz pork):
476 Calories, 36g Fat, 0.3g Total Carbs (.1g Fiber), 34g Protein

–== Order your copy of Low Carbing Among Friends today ==–

This entry was posted in Recipe Videos and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb “Smoked” Pulled Pork (IF)

1. susiet says:

Oh man! I love that pulled pork! Looks droolishly fantastic, Kent! You did it again!

2. Amy says:

You pulled pork recipe looks amazing and I would very much like to try it. I can’t find the recipe for the dry rub however. Thanks!

• admin says:

The link to the dry rub recipe (www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=RC9n6VnbjdU) was at point 1:47 in the video and in the LCAF cookbook. Follow the link in this recipe, and it is in the video description.

3. Sandra Gillanders says:

This looks like a great recipe and I plan on trying it out sometime this summer when my family gets together. Enjoy your videos very much. Thanks for all the recipes, it really helps keep it fun and interesting.

• admin says:

I am looking forward to making this recipe again this week. That way I can have Carnitas the rest of the week for breakfast.

4. Amy says:

Thanks for the response. I do see that you USE the dry rub at point 1:47 in the video, and call for it in the description of the video, but as far as I can see there is no recipe for what is IN the dry rub. I’m not sure what I’m missing here. Is it possible to list the ingredients for me? Thank you.

• Kent says:

From the video description of the linked video (Slow grilled ribs — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsFCzRo-Nm8):
      “-=Low Carb Rib Rub=-
      Ingredients:
      3/4 cup Granulated Splenda
      1/2 cup Chili powder
      1/2 cup Salt
      1/4 cup garlic powder
      2 TBS Onion Powder
      1 TBS Black Pepper
      2 TSP cayenne pepper
      1 TSP Thyme
      Serving Size (1/4 cup)
      45 Calories, 1g Fat, 8g Carbs (2.5g Fiber), 1.5g Protein”

5. Amy says:

Thanks very much!!! 🙂

6. Gayle Byers says:

Love, love, love the pulled pork recipe . . .

Comments are closed.