This recipe is similar to my very popular low carb taco bake recipe. This recipe has barbecue-flavor instead with a quick simple bbq sauce, and a flavorful crust. You could just as easily use left-over pulled pork or chicken instead of the ground beef. The choice is up to you and what you have in your refrigerator.
**Order my first low carb cookbook- Low Carbing Among Friends, Volume 1
**Pre-order my newest low carb cookbook, Low Carbing Among Friends, Volume 3
Great, Induction Friendly low carb entree -- extremely versatile with whatever barbecued meat you want to include
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp low carb rib rub
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 cup low carb ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°F).
- Into large bowl, crack 4 eggs. Add heavy cream and whisk together. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of low carb rib rub seasoning to the mixture and mix together.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan. Add 6 oz (180 g) of the shredded cheese to the baking dish. Pour cream and egg mixture over top of the cheese. Shake pan to even out the mixture and spread until smooth. Place in oven 20 minutes until golden brown. Pop any bubble that may form in the crust.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and remaining rib run seasoning. Add ketchup, mustard, and liquid smoke to the ground beef.
- Add meat mixture on top of the crust. Top with remaining cheese, and return the dish to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Info per serving: 447 Calories, 36.5g Fat, 4.6g Total Carbs (0.3g Fiber), 24.6g Protein
(IF) = Induction Friendly