Atkins Diet Recipe: Low Carb Faux Mac N’ Cheese (IF)
I announced a change in my YouTube channel in this video. I am now planning to release two videos a week if possible (not traveling) — one new recipe video and one other video (redone old recipe on new equipment, product review, educational video, or just simply a vlog or commentary). I have a backlog of new recipe ideas that should last until April or May. Let me know what you think in the comments.
One of the biggest problems for new low carbers is what to pair with their main dish, Often times, they’ll end up defaulting to lettuce salads or simply vegetables with butter.By having a rough chop of the cauliflower, the intention is to have the texture of macaroni in this dish and a great flavor from the cheese sauce. My kids love this recipe a lot, and often I have to make a double batch if I want to have any.
(IF) = Induction Friendly
- 16 oz cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz colby jack cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add cauliflower to glass dish and cook in microwave until fork tender.
- In a medium pot, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Colby jack, cream, and minced garlic. Heat and continue to stir until smooth.
- Add cooked cauliflower to food processor, and chop until all cauliflower is in small pieces.
- Chop cooked bacon and green onion into small pieces.
- Add cauliflower, bacon, green onion, chicken bouillon, and black pepper to the cheese sauce. Stir together.
- Serve warm.