Atkins Diet Recipe: Low Carb Mock Danish (IF)
This is my first recipe redo video where I remake an old recipe I have posted previously with new recording equipment and possibly better ingredients. I remade my first recipe I ever posted to Youtube — Low Carb Mock Danish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ4LE2Bn-2k). I originally made the video with a laptop and webcam taped to a shelf in my kitchen. It frankly got embarrassing to send people to the original.
This snack or dessert is what got me originally through my Induction period of Atkins. It is a quick easy recipe and also a great way to get flax (and hence fiber) into your diet. It may not be the prettiest of all my recipes, but what it may lack in beauty, it more than makes up for in flavor. The little bits of cream cheese and the glaze on top completes the package.
(IF) = Induction Friendly
A great Induction Friendly dessert or snack that got me through a year of Induction.
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flax meal (golden flax preferred)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Splenda or sweetener (or liquid equivalent)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Splenda or sweetener (or liquid equivalent)
- In a bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave.
- Add egg, flax meal, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sweetener to cream cheese. Beat together with a fork.
- Microwave cream cheese mixture for 1-2 minutes depending on microwave power.
- In a second bowl, add softened butter, cinnamon, and sweetener. Mix together and pour over top the mock danish.
Nutrition Info per Serving: 324 Calories, 29g Fat, 6.2g Total Carbs (3.8g Fiber), 10g Protein