Western or French salad dressing was one of my favorites growing up as a kid. My grandma used to put this dressing on everything including fried spam, which I swear I had almost every day one summer. The regular version is essentially just oil, high fructose corn syrup, and red food coloring, so I wanted to make a low carb, Induction Friendly alternative to it. The hot sauce in this recipe really gives a kick to it at the end, and the optional xanthan gum helps it to stick to the salad veggies.
An Induction Friendly salad dressing that works well both on a salad or as a topping for meats
- 1 cup light-tasting olive oil
- 1/2 cup low carb ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Splenda or liquid equivalent
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Dash hot sauce (Omit for French-style salad dressing)
- Add all ingredients to the food processor or bowl with an immersion blender. Process for 20-30 seconds until well combined.