Facebook Fan Site: http://ift.tt/2kcBDPA
In my first recipe back, I wanted to share probably the second most made personally recipe I make for my family. It is a quick and easy recipe for Low Carb lasagna. While others might make their own version of low carb noodles using cauliflower or similar to LC pizza crust. I use deli-sliced ham as that noodle layer to separate the ingredients. It works well and doesn’t affect the flavor of the overall dish.
As mentioned, I have lost 4 pounds this week, raising the overall total to 47 pounds in 12+ weeks. These videos are a bit tough for me to watch as while I definitely feel thinner. Seeing my side profile shows the amount of work left to be done. In the end, it is good motivation to get back to the gym and work off that frustration.
Low Carb Lasagna with Ham Pasta (*IF)
1 pound ground beef (85%)
1 cup onion (reduce to lower carbs if desired)
1 cup Pasta Sauce, no sugar added
4-6 oz deli-sliced ham
1 cup Ricotta cheese (exchange with cream cheese to make Induction Friendly)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz Mozzarella cheese
Nutrition Info (per serving): 554 Calories, 9g Carbs (1g Fiber, 8g Net Carbs), 41g Protein, 39g Fat
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Brown Ground Beef in Skillet with onions. Salt and Pepper to Taste. Drain excess fat.
3. Add Egg, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Add 1 cup of no sugar added Pasta sauce to browned ground beef.
5. In 9×13 or Lasagna dish, layer Ham, one-third meat mixture, half egg-cheese mixture, and ~2 oz Mozzarella cheese. Repeat for second layer. For final layer, layer one more ham, final meat mixture, and remaining Mozzarella cheese.
6. Place pan in oven for 40-45 minutes until cheese on top is golden brown. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
* Reducing the onion to 1/4 cup and exchanging cream cheese would lower the per serving net carbs to 5.5g net carbs.