I wanted to provide another great low carb recipe for breakfast. Breakfast is usually one of the toughest meals since many of one’s past breakfast favorites were high carb. It is extended Induction Friendly with the almond flour, and should be a delicious treat any day. The cinnamon swirl really amped the recipe up from just another pancake recipe to being a quick replacement for sweet or cinnamon rolls.
Nutrition Info per serving: (2 pancakes)
371 Calories, 33g Fat, 8.5g Total Carbs (4g Fiber), 11.9g Protein
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup water (add another ⅓ cup if necessary)
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- -=Cinnamon Swirl icing=-
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅔ cup Splenda, or liquid equivalent
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ tsp Blackstrap molasses (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream cheese, almond flour, cream, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder until smooth. Add water until it reaches right consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sucraloase, almond flour, cream, water, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth. Add more water if necessary to reach icing consistency.
- Transfer the cinnamon mixture into a large plastic bag. Snip a small corner from the bag.
- Spray your frying pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of batter into the pan, and pipe a swirl of cinnamon around your pancake, so it looks like a cinnamon roll.
- Flip pancake as the edges become dry and browned. Serve bottom-side up.
–== Order your copy today - http://amongfriends.us ==–