Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Chicken
As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to post some of the recipes I was inspired to make on my low carb cruise two weeks ago. Between the food on the cruise ship, the food in the port, and suggestions from other notable low carb cooks on the boat — particularly from Sweden home of LCHF movement, there was no shortage of inspiration. This recipe is a great way to get the flavors of the Caribbean wherever you happen to be. I had never had Jerk Chicken or Pork before our trip, so it was a unique flavor. This rub and jerk sauce would work as well on a pork roast as it did on chicken.
Get the taste of Caribbean wherever you happen to be…
- 8-10 pieces of chicken, brined
- 1 tbsp Splenda, granulated
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 Jamaican Jerk dry rub
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 sweet mini peppers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- In a large container combine the brine mixture (half gallon water, half cup salt, and seasonings of choice). Stir until dissolved, and add chicken. Cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the Splenda, allspice, salt, thyme, black pepper, garlic, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Remove chicken from brine, pat dry with paper towels, and sprinkle half of dry rub on top of the chicken skin.
- In a blender or food processor, add remaining dry rub, onion, jalapeno, sweet mini peppers, soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, and minced garlic. Process until smooth.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place chicken on grill skin side down. Rotate chicken every 5 minutes, and flip after 10 minutes. When chicken is almost done, add the jerk sauce to the top of the chicken. Cook another 3 minutes to heat up the sauce.
Nutrition Info per serving (5 servings): 438 Calories, 26.7g Fat, 3.8g Total Carbs (0.9g Fiber) , 43.7g Protein
–== Order your copy today - http://amongfriends.us ==–