Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Chicken (IF)

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7z7taDhog
Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Chicken
As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to post some of the recipes I was inspired to make on my low carb cruise two weeks ago. Between the food on the cruise ship, the food in the port, and suggestions from other notable low carb cooks on the boat — particularly from Sweden home of LCHF movement, there was no shortage of inspiration. This recipe is a great way to get the flavors of the Caribbean wherever you happen to be.  I had never had Jerk Chicken or Pork before our trip, so it was a unique flavor.  This rub and jerk sauce would work as well on a pork roast as it did on chicken.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:1]

–== Order your copy today – http://amongfriends.us ==–

This entry was posted in Recipe Videos and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Chicken (IF)

1. susiet says:

Hmmm! How strange. I thought I’d already posted a note telling your how awesome this chicken dish looks and that I can’t wait to try it! I might do it for a whole bird and pop it into the rotisserie afterward and see how it does!! Maybe this weekend for Memorial Day, even!

Have a great week, Kent! Hugs.

• admin says:

I was surprised how much the brine helped these chickens. I made the recipe without brining them first and the sauce, and they were “eh.” Add the brine, and suddenly grilled chicken isn’t a lifeless, tasteless blog. I always brine my holiday turkeys, but with chicken and frying it usually, I haven’t done it as much. With the length of cooking however with this recipe, it really helped. I hope you like it.

My memorial day weekend plans are to actually bake some bread. 😀

2. susiet says:

How exciting that you’re trying the mix this weekend! Remember, you should try both the micro kind and the oven kind and see what you like best. I’m nervous!

I will def. do the brine on the chicken!

3. susiet says:

Hey Kent! Mr. Bowolf! This is Fan-FREAKING-Tastic!!! I don’t have enough exclamation points for this recipe. I will be writing up a blog post right after the Chicken Pizzaiolo! I hope to do it this week! Thanks for the recipe. I am going to “Hug it and squeeze it and call it George!”

LOVE it!

Tonight it’s leftovers and I’m making low carb tortillas (homemade) and using the leftover chicken and pork along with some of the leftover Jerk Sauce. So I’m having a fusion dinner! Jamaican TexMex Tacos! 🙂

• admin says:

I am glad you liked it. It being ethnic foods I wasn’t sure how many people would like it, especially those who had not been to Jamaica. It is an interesting new way to make chicken and definitely breaks from the routine.

4. susiet says:

Hey there Kent! I just posted the report on your fantastic and amazing recipe and vid on my blog!!! Thanks for another TLF (To Live For) recipe!!!

SusieT

5. JodiS says:

I would highly recommend using authentic wood/chips/leaves to make jerk food – only 1 place imports this stuff and it really makes a difference = http://www.pimentowood.com

6. Carly says:

I made this last night and it’s a new fave! Thanks for the great recipe.

Comments are closed.