Induction friendly snack ideas are always popular ideas. Fried pickles have been a frequent request of viewers. I hadn’t ever purchased them from the bars, but my wife and daughter have. They say these pickles are every bit as good as the ones found there. The even better news is that these are fast and easy to make.
Great low carb party snack / appetizer
- 1/4 cup oil, coconut or olive preferred
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1.5 cup pickles, dill or SF Bread and Butter
- Dash Salt/Pepper
- Add oil to small frying pan, and heat to just below smoke temp
- In a dish, add eggs, cream, and water. Beat the ingredients together.
- In a second dish, add Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, and taco seasoning.
- On a plate, spread out the pickles. Lightly season them with salt and pepper. Dredge the pickle chips in grated cheese mixture, dunk in the egg wash, and return to grated cheese dish. Shake until well covered.
- Freeze covered chips for 10 minutes.
- Add breaded chips to hot oil in frying pan. Flip to second side after 30 seconds or the breading in golden brown. Cook another 30 seconds, and remove to paper towels on a plate.
Nutrition Info per serving (roughly 8 pickles): 72 Calories, 6.2g Fat, 1.8g Total Carbs (0.6g Fiber), 2.7g Protein
(IF) = Induction Friendly if omitting the coconut flour, E-IF if using it