It’s been bitterly cold in Iowa lately especially coming back from our family cruise in Tampa. This Shepherd’s Pie is ideal way to keep warm and comfort food. The combination of rich beef and gravy with fauxtatoe layer is a marriage made in heaven. I really think you’ll like this recipe if you try it.
- 2 lb ground Beef
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worchestshire sauce
- 1 tsp beef bouillon
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Remove beef from skillet, and cook onions until tender in the grease.
- Add peas, beef broth, tomato paste, beef bouillon, Worchestershire sauce, and Xanthan gum.
- Taste beef mixture, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot, boil cauliflower until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add cauliflower, sour cream, and butter to food processor, and process until smooth.
- In a large glass baking dish, add beef mixture and spread even. Add the fauxtatoe layer, and spread until even.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Info per serving: 376 Calories, 28.7g Fat, 7.2g Total Carbs (2.5g Fiber), 22.3g Protein
(IF) = Induction Friendly