Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Cocktail Meatballs (IF)
I continue in my mini-series of New Year’s Eve party recipe ideas with these low carb cocktail meatballs. One of my viewers, Laurie “Avalanche,” is doing dairy-free low carb plan, so I exchanged the Parmesan cheese I normally use in my binders for pork rinds. Pork rinds work really well as a binder in your meatloaf or meatball recipes and would be fine for any phase of Atkins. Best of luck to all those who are just starting the diet today or tomorrow, and if you have any questions, please be sure to ask.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 oz pork rinds, crushed
- 1 tbsp low carb ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup low carb ketchup
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Splenda, or liquid equivalent
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash molasses (omit on Induction)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, onion, egg, pork rinds, low carb ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine thoroughly with your hands.
- Form ground beef mixture into 1 inch balls. Place meatballs into glass baking dish.
- Cook meatballs for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add ketchup, liquid smoke, Splenda, paprika, and molasses. Stir well.
- Remove meatballs from oven. Add BBQ sauce to the top of the meatballs, and turn well to ensure coverage of sauce.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or slow cooker to finish cooking. .
Nutrition Info per serving (3 meatballs): 326 Calories, 24.4g Fat, 2.6g Total Carbs (.2g Fiber), 22.2g Protein
(IF) = Induction Friendly (without molasses)