The Aurum Publishing group announced a sale on all three Low Carbing Among Friends volumes. They are normally $24.99 per volume, but for the next week, each volume is only $19.99. ($5 OFF) That is substantial savings off the regular cost. To get the savings, order by March 18th at Low Carbing Among Friends’ site. If there is a volume you haven’t purchased yet, this would be a great time to complete your collection. (I received my third volume while I was in Seattle, and it looks an awesome edition. I am especially excited to try Judy Barnes Baker’s recipes.)
The second reason for this post is Brett’s new low carb recipe video. He has been on the Atkins Diet since January and has already lost 40+ pounds. Parents at his play last night definitely noticed the difference and the weight loss. He is not a fan of my hot Buffalo wings, so he conjured up an easy teen-friendly BBQ sauce for his wings. In honor of his milestone, we made another low carb recipe video.
- 4 pounds wings (raw)
- 1/4 cup low carb ketchup (Heinz)
- 2-4 tbsp (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Splenda or liquid equivalent
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (omit on Induction)
- Preheat oil in fryer to 375F.
- Separate all wings at their joints. Discard any wing tips.
- Place half of wings in oil for roughly 14-16 minutes until done.
- In a small pot on the stove, add ketchup, soy sauce, Splenda, liquid smoke, and molasses. Stir until well-mixed.
- Toss cooked wings in the BBQ sauce, and served warm with celery.
Nutrion Information per Serving (8 wing pieces) 474 Calories, 31g Fat, 2.6g Total Carbs (0g Fiber), 43g Protein