- 1 cup cottage cheese (full fat, small curd)
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda (or liquid equivalent)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp glycerin or vodka (optional)
- Add cottage cheese to food processor, and process until smooth
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder, Splenda, vanilla extract, and glycerin to food processor.
- Process mixture for another 30 seconds.
- Place mixture in airtight container into freezer for 2 hours.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/2 cup): 170 Calories, 8.9g Fat, 5.5g Total Carbs (0.8g Fiber), 16g Protein
I posted another low carb ice cream video a few years ago, and it is really good. It however does require a lot of work with shaking the bag for quite awhile to make the ice cream. This recipe is only about 2 minutes of prep and 1-2 hours of chilling required. It is probably more accurately a frozen dessert rather than ice cream as there is no cream in this recipe. It is also more versatile as one can add the ingredients you like to the recipe like the second variant of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, which is my favorite.
If you want you can run the batter through an ice cream maker, and it should be done sooner. The food processor already beats in significant amount of air, so it should not take as long as regular cream-based ice creams too. Let me know what is your favorite ice cream flavor in the comment section.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/2 cup):
170 Calories, 8.9g Fat, 5.5g Total Carbs (0.8g Fiber), 16g Protein
(OWL) – Appropriate for Ongoing Weight Loss phase due to presence of cottage cheese